Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tuesday Morning

Thanks for posting your comments. Its nice to hear from home. I will make sure they all get passed on to the kids. Last night was great. We had thunderstorms roll through the area with heavy rain. It was very pretty and cooled things off. We had a dinner of butter boiled potatoes covered with a stew of cabbage, sauerkraut and sausage. For snack we had jelly rolls and Czech bread with cream cheese and onion. We had an hour and a half service last night that they call Club. It involves music, games, skits and a message. Most of the music is secular and the message is very generic. They start off real slow in introducing the message of the Christianity. I found it interesting that all six of my students have been to church. I didn't think that many would with this being mostly an atheistic country. I showed them a history video of Bayside and they were very impressed with it. They have never seen anything like it. I learned my first Czech word today "studney" which means cold when refering to the shower I took this morning. Caleb and Ryan washed some our clothing today - the old fashioned way - in a wash tub and then hung it to dry. They did a good job for a couple of single guys.  We are going to post more photos tomorrow and the kids will begin posting today after lunch.
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Device

1 comment:

Brent Newman said...

Great updates John! Feels like you guys are just down the street (except for the food of course). We Newmans are loving the updates and shared Hannah stories with Mr and Mrs M. over a dinner date Sat evening. [They were sure proud! :-) ] We are praying continually for God to work through your efforts and thank God for your faithfulness. Bon appetit!