Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thursday

It has been a while since I've updated because it has been so busy. Did I mention that preparing for three hours of English class is very hard. I had Rita and Uriah teach my afternoon class today and it was one of the best so far. We had them sample American candy like Hot Tamales, Sour Patch Kids, Warheads, Reeses and Pop Rocks. It was fun watching the kids expressions as they ate the sour candies and then hear them describe them. We taught the kids American football today. They picked it up pretty quick. It is amazing how complicated it is especially when you are playing flag without first down markers. I hate to brag but I will. My team pulled out my first victory as a football captain on European soil. It all came about on a late game interception and a HB sweep stong side. Tomorrow we will put our undefeated streak on the line in a rematch against Ryan's team. We had our best dinner and lunch so far. Dinner last night was mashed potatoes with sausage and gravy and today we had spaghetti with chicken. We are hoping for prime rib tonight with shrimp coctail but will probably end up with more sausage. I can't tell you how proud I am of our kids. They are really getting to know the Czech kids and instead of bunching together they go out of their way to make new friendships. It is a good reflection of KJ and his leadership. He has done a good job grooming these kids to minister to others. We haven't had a warm shower for a few days and its starting to show. What is real amazing to me is how respectful and polite the Czech kids are. You never have to tell them twice about anything. Even the coolest kids who you would think would be the troublemakers are very obedient. I guess being raised by a generation of parents who lived under communism has some value. One final thing. I was walking back to my cabin and I saw a group of Czech kids trying to get into their cabin which was locked.  I overheard one of the kids say in perfect English, where is KJ? He can get in, he's a little chicken!
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Device

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What does it mean exactly that KJ is a little chicken???

Glad to hear you are all doing well. Showers are overrated anyways... especially in Europe. :)