Monday, July 2, 2007

Monday

Just a quick update. The 50 Czech students have arrived and we are getting to know them. Everything is going very well. In just a few minutes we will begin the English classes. We are teaching the advanced kids so they all can speak English very well. We will play word games with them and share with them about the American way of life. Most of what they know about America is from American TV shows like Desparate Houswives. So you can see we have our work cut out for us. We had salami and provolone cheese for breakfast along with rolls, strawberry jam and honey. For lunch today we had beef noodle soup and then chicken and rice which was very good. There is a store here we keep pretty busy buying Snickers, ice cream and Cokes. I saw Aubry after lunch and she was working on her second Strawberry Ice treat. Caleb still hasn't received his suitcase yet because of the problems in London. He is making the best of things with his one set of clothing. My son Uriah and Rita are my teacher assistants. I will list the other assistants and their assignments later today.
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Device

2 comments:

Katrina Reeves said...

Hey guys!!! you are doing such great things!!!! This is Nick's sister which also makes me Monica's daughter!!! I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!!and i guess i love you too Nick. O.K. I'll be praying for all of you and keep up the GREAT work. by the way, John... nice web site! God Bless you ALL!!!

Nana said...

Great job JV! I'm amazed that you're teaching English...! You are all in my prayers!