Saturday, June 30, 2007

Evening Day 2

I was able to post some pictures today because we had internet access at the Anderson's apartment. They live on the 11th floor. We had to take the elevators up with two or three people at a time because they are so small. We had some delicious European pizza for lunch. It was on a very thin crust with very light sauce.  We took three trains and had to walk more than a mile to get to the campground. It is basically a small hotel with a restaurant and some cabins. We are staying in the cabins and share a community bathroom. It is a very woody area surrounded by hills. Its very beautiful and reminds me of Pennsylvania in the summer. There is a small river (we would call it a creek where I'm from) outside of our cabin. We were joined today by about a dozen Czech staff who will be running the camp. We spent the evening getting to know each other. They taught us the fine art of roasting sausages on a campfire. They were quite tasty. We taught them the fine art of roasting marshmellows and making smores. One Czech staff said that smores where the American's finest invention. As I ate my second one I wholeheartedly agreed with her. Later in the evening we Americans triumphed over the Czech staff in a game of Three Lies and a Truth. I guess I'm not sure if that is something we should brag about. I must say that I'm very proud of the kids on our team. They all have been working hard and have had awesome attitudes. They really do get along well and they all jump in to get the job done. Unfortunately Hannah didn't do anything noteworthy today but there is always tomorrow. Tomorrow we start with breakfast at 8 and then a chapel service at 9. Now its time for some well deserved sleep - bye.
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Device

No comments: